Organizing 101: Tip 1
- unopened mail, open it.
- junk, shred it…
- a bill, flatten it, toss the opened envelope; make a manila folder “To Be Paid”.
- something that needs attention, make a manila folder “Follow Up”.
- pending like a medical claim, make a “Pending” manila folder.
- something that needs to be filed, make a “To Be Filed” manila folder.
- a project/s, make a “Name of Project” manila folder
- an upcoming event, you know what to do…
Stack those folders and put on the right side of your desk/computer. Anything that doesn’t fall into these categories, put off to the left side in a neat pile. Try to practice doing this once a day.
STOP after 5 minutes. Close your eyes, take 3 deep breathes in and out and go about your day.
Watch for the next tip … and in the meantime, I recommend the following supplies:
- Manila folders with 3″ cut tabs.
- a Label maker
- Fine point Black Sharpies
- Hanging generic green hanging folders
- Colored asst. tabs for hanging folders